1. A murder is stalking and killing White men in Seattle. By scalping and leaving two owl feathers behind after each killing, the killer made it looked like an Indian?s work. The murder of the White man in Fremont, the disappearance of David Roger, the kidnapping of the white young boy made many Native Indian confused and worry- Including John Smith, a born Indian raised by White but he has a very big influence of the Indians especially father Duncan (a Spokane Indian). Sherman used mystery and irony to portrait his novel. Even at the end of the novel, the author still doesn?t tell who?s the killer – – or killers. But one of the most ironic things that happened at the end of the novel that gives the readers a shocking experience is that John Smith killed himself.
2. Main Characters in this novel include: John Smith, Reggie Polatkin, Marie Polatkin
3. Many other minor characters are John?s parents, David Roger, Father Duncan, and etc.
4. Seattle, sometimes after the European take over the Indian?s land
6. There is a lot of rage in this book. Whites are either mean or racist dullards, while those who try to sympathize with Indians
white, killer, novel, john, indian, very, smith, made, ending, author, yet, mystery, murder, characters, who?s, wanting, vague, unnecessary, tried, things, roger, remain, reggie, raised, polatkin, minor, man, make, lot, killing, killed, irony, interesting, influence, indian?s, indians